Wednesday, February 29, 2012
THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD for some A-Z Blogs
What fun! This blog has not received an award in quite some time.
I'd like to thank MB from Pleasing 2 the Eye for giving me this award!
Awards are like BOOTY to the pirate blogs!!!
Here are my instructions upon getting this award:
• In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
• In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
• In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
• In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
• In the same post, include this set of rules.
• Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
7 Random things about me:
1. I'm an over-60 pirate and retired attorney (which some people will think is the same as a pirate).
2. I have three blogs: "A Pirate Looks Past Sixty", "Pirate Knitting" and "Quig Land".
3. I have very bravely placed all in the A-Z Challenge starting April 2012.
4. My favorite things are knitting, reading, trying to write and playing the piano.
5. I have also enjoyed sailing in my life (hence the pirate themes) and look forward to do it again this summer.
6. I enjoy looking at the bizarre side of life
7. I have three wonderful grandchildren and two wonderful children, now adults.
And now for the 15 people. I have found these worthy blogs from the large list of people signed up for the 2012 A-Z Challenge coming up this April. Please give them a look and consider signing your blog up for this fun challenge.
1. Empty Nest
2. Writing in the Crosshairs
3. Whatever Floats Your Canoe
4. Mama Diaries
7. A Coffee Driven and Adventure Bound Life
8. Inky the Hamster Mom
9. I Refuse to Go Quietly
10. Blog Wobble
11. Haiku Corner
12. Tales of a Knitter
13. Pull Up a Toadstool
14. The Gilded Quill
15. Unloading My Brain to Fill It Again
TO POST ON YOUR BLOG: Save the award picture. Go to dashboard. click on your blog, go to layout. add gadget. scroll down until you find one that says "picture", Then just upload the picture, write a title and caption (maybe thanking who gave you the award) Voila!!